Chapter Technical Meeting
New Employment Law
- Pre-hire Essentials: What should employers do and what should they avoid?
- Exempt or non-exempt: Expensive misclassification issues, how to avoid them and what to do if your company has misclassified employees
- On the Job Basics: The importance of training, documentation, policies and procedures
- Costly wage and hour mistakes and how to avoid them
- Ending the employment relationship while minimizing risk
Claudia J. Castillo
Claudia has been practicing law for over 15 years and represents corporations with regards to all aspects of employment-law related matters. Claudia's practice includes counseling employers with regards to the entire employment relationship: from on-boarding employees, drafting and implementing compliant employer policies, addressing and resolving employee issues, and assisting employers through the termination or lay-off process.
Claudia is also an effective, results-driven litigator and defends employers facing claims of harassment, discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination, disability and wage and hour. Claudia provides services to employers of all sizes and across numerous industries including restaurant, technology, health and medical services, green energy, financial services, logistics and manufacturing with regard to all aspects of workplace/human resources needs.
She handles employment litigation matters in both State and Federal Court and before the American Arbitration Association. She also represents clients in mediations and before government agencies.
Cost: $30.00 (check made out to "IMA" or cash)
Food: Eggs Benedict Breakfast included in the cost
Dress Code: Casual
Contra Costa Country Club,
801 Golf Club Road,
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
Space is limited! Please RSVP by July 12, 2019,
Please respond with name, title, company, and IMA Chapter if member to:
Patt Mayer at: email@example.com or call 925-286-2112