Hartford Chapter - Who We Are
The Hartford IMA Chapter is an active chapter with 216 members of which 90 are CMA’s and 2 of
CMA’s are also CSCA’s. We have a proud and successful history dating back to 1922 when our chapter
was chartered by the then National Association of Cost Accountants (NACA). Over the years the name
was changed to the National Association of Accountants (NAA) in 1957 and now is known as the
Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) since 1991.
Our mission is to advance the management accounting profession in the Greater Hartford area, to
benefit Accountants and Financial Professionals in business, students planning to enter the accounting
and finance profession, and to enhance the prospects of our local business community in finding
associates who can fulfill the skill sets needed in today's technically advancing environment.
- We provide continuing education credits and proactive technical sessions nearly every month of
the year, promoting knowledge sharing and networking.
- We reach out at college campuses to educate students on career paths which focus on the
internal strategic and management needs of organizations across multiple industries and
government entities of all sizes.
- We promote the CMA and CSCA as certifications that prove and continue to support the
capabilities of our members and the needs of our local businesses.
- We coordinate plant tours along with other professional organizations to enhance networking
opportunities and to facilitate introductions with area businesses and organizations.
- And, through our affiliation with the IMA NorthEast Regional Council, we also support and
promote their quarterly sessions and annual fall educational conference with quality speakers
and timely topics enhancing both technical and soft skills.
- We also offer scholarships to local students and promote IMA's regional and national scholarships
and competitions to our chapter members and area schools.
We invite business professionals, faculty and students in our immediate and surrounding communities
to join us for our local meetings/events and to consider the wide array of benefits that come with
membership in the Institute of Management Accountants, a global organization of 125k + members
strong and growing.
The IMA Hartford Chapter generally meets every 3rd Tuesday of the month between September - May.