Hello Hartford Chapter Members and Friends,
Between the chilly weather and snow, it looks like winter is officially here. On the bright side, spring is only seven weeks away! Official results for the Hartford Foodshare fundraiser, Drumroll please ..... totaled $2,035! Thank you to all who donated!
In preparation for the Hartford Chapter board elections held in March, we are seeking individuals who are interested in gaining leadership skills, learning the “behind the scenes” workings of the IMA, or have ideas and a desire to make the Hartford Chapter better. The Hartford Chapter is an active chapter with lots to do, but many hands make light work. Don’t hesitate to nominate yourself or someone you believe would benefit our chapter. Be assured -we always check with anyone nominated to ensure they are willing to join the board before posting their names for elections. Nominations can be made to Linda Martin.
In January, we had a great presentation by Ryan Morissey on the topic of maximizing your 401K and retirement savings. If you’re looking for some more great educational webinars –check these out:
• Local Government Management - get an inside view of how one local municipality adapted to the challenges the pandemic presented. (virtual) –presented by Kevin Delaney, Finance Director for the Town of Berlin. February 16, 2021, 6:00 -7:15pm Pre-registration is required so be sure to sign up!
• Professional Designations: What You Need to Know (virtual) -learn about professional designations open to Accounting professionals -presented by: IMA-New Hampshire, panel format. February 10, 2021, 6:00 -7:00 pm. Registration and event information can be found here.
• Building a Culture of Accountability (virtual): The webinar will provide leaders with a systemic way to overcome common barriers to accountability presented by David O’Brien, a past NERC Conference speaker February 18, 2021, 12-1 pm. Registration and event information can be found here.
• Your Career...Your Choice - A panel of three speakers will discuss what to expect from your employer, how professional memberships can enhance your career, and how mentoring and volunteering also can advance your career (virtual) –February 27, 2021, 9:00 –11:00 am. Presented by: IMA NERC. Registration and event information can be found here. 2 CPE's can be earned.
• IMA Women’s Leadership Summit (virtual) -April 23, 2021, 10:00 am –5:00 pm Registration opens March 2021
• IMA Annual Conference –virtual –June 14-16. Registration opens March 2021.These webinars aren’t just for members. Share this newsletter with colleagues, co-workers, friends, students and anyone who may be interested in the topics. Everyone is welcome!
Stay safe, stay well,
Hartford Chapter President, 2020-2021